7.12.2010

Love is patient.

Today is a rainy day. It's quite lovely. I was sad to see it stopped raining before I could get a nice rain dance in earlier. Now it's raining hard again but I think I'll just sit and listen to it along with Regina Spektor while I type.

While walking home and stepping over puddles I realized I've been home for a bit over a week now. And like Ginger said, it feel like forever. I think next week I will take a few days to visit friends nearby. The west coast is where I'd really like to go though, there's something about California I really enjoy. The people, the different cultures, the weather and landscape. I will be over there in August though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

Today I helped out at Rainbow Express, a camp that welcomes all children and focuses on being accommodating for children with special needs. Usually people are assigned two kids to watch, but I was a bit late signing up so I was there to fit in where ever I was needed. Towards the end of the day one of the volunteers had to leave so I took care of her kids for the last two hours. I must say, working with children with disabilities really shows you what it means for love to be patient. The little girl I was watching loved the word "no", throwing things, and taking others kids things. She was fun to be paired with though :) by the end she understood that she needed to say please when she wanted something and sat on my lap for the closing puppet show.

Love is such a beautiful thing. It's amazing to see how the attributes of love apply to everyone in every situation. Whether it's a R&B artist dining beside you or a child with down syndrome during a camp. To show love to each of them patience is required.

It's cool. I love Love. I love being able to put it into practice with all different kinds of people :)

<33emilyy

0 comments:

Post a Comment