5.31.2010

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY :)

This day we are reminded that the greatest love is to lay down your life for another. We are thankful to all people who are risking their lives to protect ours.

Today we are spending some of our time in Las Vegas making care packages to send to our troops overseas. We will be working with anysoldier.com This site posts the needs and locations of soldiers overseas that we can support and send letters and packages to. Our soldiers are serving us everyday so that we can live the lives we live. Too often we forget all about them. At least I know I do.

Going on the site and viewing all the men and women who have died in service really hit home with me today. I didn't realize the sacrifice that was being made. It's heart wrenching. These guys are my age. I guess I just don't think about it. I know I don't keep up on the news enough.

They've given so much. They sacrifice their lives everyday. I think we should all find ways to give back.

Here is a video that talks about how to create care packages if you are interested in joining us with this cause.

We will update later with pictures of the packages and letters we write, plus more about our adventures in Las Vegas! <3 Stan

0 comments:

Post a Comment